Translate

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Turn from worry


  • Have you ever been worried about something ?Why?Worry means allow ones  mind to dwell on difficulty or troubles. I remember when my daughter was being bullied at school . We together prayed and prayed every night. The bullying went on for 2 years total. There were days when she was at school that honestly I could do nothing but pray. I was so worried I was paralized in fear. As with any lesson God  teaches me I have to learn what to do in order to find peace.I have to learn exactly step by step what I'm doing wrong and make the correction to line up my life with His word.I am so thankful God loves me so much that He believes I'm worth teaching and has the patients to do so. can honestly say today Olivia and I are free and now have peace.How did I go from paralized in fear to peace?Like I said it was a 2 year journey and it began when I placed my Issac on the alter.After a year of worry and fear i remember going for a run, I needed to run away from this problem so bad i literally put on my sneakers and ran. While I was running I remember saying God I'm done. I'm done trying I cant fix this. I told God I had Olivia babtized at 12 and she is yours. I told God I placed my Issac on the alter and took her back off when things Got hard. You are the alpha and omega . I'm not.I am so sorry please forgive me.I wasted so much time worrying and day by day the worry grew to the point I was paralized in fear.No more I trust you Lord let your will be done in me. The thing is God gave Olivia to me.She was always His. my job as a parent is to raise to know Him. I have to teach her the tools she needs to build her own relationship with God  so there is another generation to serve Him. That's it.I stated studying Jesus,from the time Mary was pregnant she knew this was a gift from God. She knew God was in control and the  holy  spirit will help her raise Him. There is no story about Mary successfully intervening and saving Jesus from life on earth. That's because we are mere human and we cannot. What did she do?She trusted God. I'm not saying she didn't cry or pray or hurt.She was human she did but she cast her cares to God. Have you ever watched something terrible and have to turn your head know it will be over soon. Worry means  allow ones mind to dwell on difficulty. God says surrender you mind to Him. What I was going threw with Olivia of corse did not compare to what Mary went threw but can you surrender your mind to God by looking away from the difficulty and know it will be over soon. I believe that's what Mary had to do each time Jesus was whipped and beaten because as a mother I cant fathem how else you could get through that.I believe if we cast our cares to God  trust Him by looking away do not let you mind dwell on the difficulty God brings peace in place of worry. This is were the peace that surpasses all understanding comes in. I say its peace that does not make sense in the situation.How do we do this?What I learned was I cast my cares my cares. Cares come first if we allow it to grow it becomes worry and worry is fear of whats to come. So cast your cares right away then I always pray God I have a right to a clear mind to serve you.I surrender my mind to you.I worship you .This is my care I bring to you do not allow it to grow in my mind.Matt 6:34 says "Do not worry about tomorrow tomorrow will worry about  itself.Each day has enough trouble of its own." Each day has enough trouble of its own. Doesn't say there is no trouble tomorrow. It says each day has trouble of its own. when we worry we let it consume us and grow into fear. We do not have to fear about whats to come if we believe in Jesus because He is to come.Each day has trouble of its own. Didn't Jesus have new troubles as well every day?This is earth not heaven we will have troubles but we do not by the power of Jesus Have to let our minds dwell on difficulties. Jesus suffering was for us. He taught be showing us to Trust God no matter what the price even after death there is life with God.What I learned was I  place my Issac on the alter and no matter what i leave her there because she is safe. Issac didn't die on the alter he lived.He not only lived but thrived.I believe like Mary Abraham before he went to sacrifice Issac he looked away in order to be obedient. I think we need to know looking away is not allowing you mind to dwell on the difficulty but focus on being obedient to God. That day I went for a run I placed Olivia on the alter and didn't take her off. I'm not saying that's the end because right after that Olivia was physically theretened God allows us to continue to be tested to make sure we surrender the strong hold. But hold fast because this is worth it. After that I did look away, I didn't dwell on the difficulty . You cant change a difficult situation but God can change your outlook on it. I had a feeling to put Olivia in self defense classes. Not to fight or become the bully but to see the enemy coming and have confidence to defuse the situation. And that is exactly what happened. Olivia became confident that even if it came to a fight she would be O.K. and not just that but could just by her stance and tone change the situation. Not just Olivia but me as well,I no longer have to worry at allllllll. Now its been 5 months and the tables have turned to Olivia's favor. Through Jesus We  can have pure peace that's surpasses all understanding and surpasses worry.We just have to look away from the worry and cast our cares to God.

I






t

No comments:

Post a Comment