Translate

Monday, October 13, 2014

10 commandments for every day life....

Exodus 20 God spoke 10 commandment. He commanded these words . Command means to give an authoritative order. To tell, direct, instruct, require.I like  the word require. God requires His people to  live by His rules. I don't know about you but right now I'm so honored to be His . I'll try to meet any requirement needed. I'm honored to be commanded by Him. Today I was talking to God and asked Him how do I survive / thrive at being a sports mom? I have a daughter that's a cheerleader and a son that plays all sports. They are both young so I have a long road ahead. I know there is no way in the WORLD I can do this alone , and I really don't want to. I know if anyone has there child in any extracurricular activities you understand my request to God. How do I not get caught up in the desires of the flesh??????Gal 5:19-21 desires of the flesh include adultery, fornication, uncleanliness, lewdness, idolutry, sorcery, contention, jealousy, outburst of wrath, selfish ambition, dissension, heresies, envy, murder, drunkeness, revelries. These sound familiar? I'm sure I've seen them all played out during a little league ball season. So back to my question in my prayer today, how do I survive being a sports mom? Well, quickly I felt the need to refer to the Ten Commandments. As I restudied the commandments I knew God was telling me if I live by these commandments in all situations of my life I do not have to get caught up in the desires of the flesh. God commands me to live by these requirements in every situation every day no exceptions.
Thou shall not have any Gods before me.....keep my priorities in order. God, family, school, activities. God chose this for my child's life! I need to recognize this is an oppertunity for my child to build a relationship with God through prayer and encourage that. Teach my daughter to pray for her squad and her coach. These children were put in her life for a period of time each one of them. I need to teach my daughter to be an example of daughter of God , and focus on that . Teach my daughter by example to keep her priorities in order.
Thou shall not make for yourself an idol......  Do not put anything or anyone in a place where only
God belongs. Give credit where credit is due. By keeping your priorities in order with God first , you realize the coach , team, parents, kids, field, time etc. is all in Gods control and Being obedient to His commandment , He will cover you , your child, your family in a shield of favor for your child to be an example.
Thou shall not bow down and worship them.....Seeking to please God and God ALONE, being obedient to His commandment is not only freeing but pleasing . What I mean is, knowing you have one judge one person to please to answer to, one person that wants to help you and work with you . If you are pleasing God it is pleasing to others. Therefore you are free from the chains of trying to please others all the time.
Thou shall not use the Lords name in vain........ Don't make Him look bad. Be an example of The way He is raising you. Rebuke the desires of the flesh and being obedient to His commandments keeps vain at bay. If you put pleasing God first in your priorities nothing can be self seeking or vain. god knows our heart seek Him first.
Remember the sabbath by keeping it holy.......Every day is the sabbath . Every day you should put God first, everyday make time for just God. If I am too busy with kids and their activities to pray , spend time with God alone, pray with my kids , help my church. Than I'm more busy than God intended me to be. Therefore I need to go back and check my priorities. Every day the world wants to suck me into the drama , I need to spend everyday with God helping me not to be.
Honor thy father and mother........How did Jesus honor His parents? Seeking God, being obedient to Gods commandments.
You shall not murder....... If you hate you murder a chance to honor God . Hate kills . Hate separates you from God. Seek God first all else is added! Hate subtracts.
You shall not commit adultery ......... When you love God you want to be obedient to His commandments and not dis loyal to Him . I am HIS . I want to fight all desires of flesh with the fruits of the spirit. To be loyal to Him.
Thou shall not steal..... God gives! Satan takes. Give credit where credit is due, everything give God credit. Do not take what is not yours , fame , credit, job, etc. Always
 give because God gives to you.
Thou shall not bare false witness...... Don't lie! God says the truth will set you free. Lying puts you in chains. Let your yes be yes and no be no. Anything in the middle is a lie . When I put a God first He reveals the truth . He lets you see it and therefore act in it.
Thou shall not covet...... Thou shall not want!!!!!I do not want anything more than the life God chooses for me and my kids. Anything I want on Earth cannot compare to what God has for us.
Keeping my priorities in order God first. By letting the Ten Commandments become part of me, enables me to keep His greatest commands. Matthew22 love God with all your heart, mind, soul the most second love your neighbor as yourself. Knowing this allows us to not just survive but thrive at anything and any situation we are in. We do have free will. We have a choice to be obedient to his commandments but the consequences are all in His hands. I want the consequences to my actions to be a result to what He request of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment