Translate

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Shield of favor

My son Hunter plays baseball. When it comes time for the dad's that coach every year to go in and pick their draft, somehow Hunter gets the shaft. He was one of 2 second graders on an all first grade team. All his friends in his grade were on another second grade team together . At first when Hunter told me I was upset. I knew even asking the people in change of the league would not change anything but I called anyway. I explained these two teams play each other how is this fair???? And of corse they assured me it was. Well all I could do was pray. So I did. I prayed and asked God to show favor on my son. God can go places we can not. God alone can make fair was was not made fair by the world. I asked God I do not care if Hunters team wins or looses but can you please  build a relationship with my son through this game. Can you place Hunter were he is needed on this field and help him play his best game?I had faith, every single game Hunter played , I went early, I walked laps around the field with my son and prayed over the whole field. I taught Hunter how to make prayer circles. We circled the field in prayer. Hunters coach put him at first base, he thrived there. Hunter ended up getting his friends out . Turns out God made Hunter a pretty good hitter as well. There was one game in particular that Hunter hit 6 home runs in a row. I'm not kidding at all, the other teams coach actually called and reported my son and his coach and said Hunters bat had to be illegal. The baseball league sent someone to my house to get Hunters bat and take it to get measured and weighed. Of corse it was legal. All I saw was my 8 year old intimidated grown men . I saw Gods favor actually come to life. That wasn't all, God took it to another level I didn't see coming. Hunter had to play against his friends and before the game I walked outsite to tell Hunter get ready we had a game and I saw him sitting at the picnic table praying:) I stood there with tears in my eyes listening to Hunter 8 years old saying" I don't care if we win or loose let us all have fun , please let me play well in front of my friends on the other team and this game is for you God. " he finished just like I alwayed finished prayers with him at the field" my bat is my rod my mitt is my shield" amen!!!Hunters team lost big but Hunter hit a grand slam and hit ball over the fence:) all the kids from both teams stopped the game and ran to hug Hunter. They let him run the bases while the coaches search over the fence in the weeds for the ball to give him. That is gods favor. All season Hunter took his bat and wrote in a sharpie marker all the games and dates God allowed him to hit a home run. The bat was covered. When he made all star the coach that overlooked Hunter became his new coach. During all star season kid after kid saw Hunters bat and asked what was wrote all over it. Hunter explained proudly God used me to hit a home run. The boys thought that was cool. I'd love to tell you that all star season was great and easy for Hunter but it was anything but. It seamed like the more we prayed the harder it got for Hunter . He never gained favor with the new coach but he continued to gain favor with God. All star season ended and by the end we as a family were all exhausted emotionally. From there Hunter knew God is alive in him and he knew how to talk to God. Hunter continues to thrive at sports no matter the circumstances. We no longer worry who's on his team or who the coach is. Now we know and Hunter knows God shows favor on him. I could give you example after example of Gods favor in our life, Gods favor is real and it had a power all of its own that is untouchable. Do not get discouraged by the worlds favor but instead grow stronger in faith and confidence of Gods favor. God can go places we cannot , he can go to the hearts of those we cannot. Ask God to teach you His favor. Ask Him to remind you of when He showed you favor and you may have not noticed.since this I have noticed many moms grow angry and offended when this happens to their own kid. I just tell them doesn't matter if team is fair or win or looses but your child could have a great game, focus on that. Psalms 5:12 for you bless the righteous oh lord, you cover them in favor as with a shield. And HE does. He really does, just like Hunter and I prayed my bat is my rod and my mitt is my shied. Ask God to cover your family in favor as a shield.

No comments:

Post a Comment