Translate

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Testimonies and trials.......

There is an amazing power in testimonies. Testimonies are meant to cause a revival in believers. They are meant to renew and refreshes and energize another believer. Testimonies encourage each other to resist evil and hold fast to Gods word. John had the best testimonies , in revelations 1 it explains it beautifully. John bore witness to the word of God, and to the testimony of Jesus Christ. We are witnesses of Jesus Christ. We must stand and testify to the things He has done for us, to energize the spirit in another. Its contagious let it be. About a year ago i felt the desire to stand up on Sunday morn at church and give a testimony of what Jesus has done for me that week. It never failed every saturday evening I would know exactly what I was supposed to stand and say. At first i really didnt want to do it. I didnt want to stand up and have everyone look at me i was insecure. The devil really preyed on that too. I went to church the whole way there im talking myself out of doing a testimony, by the time it came to joys and concerns i was just were God wanted me humble , weak, of few but powerful words. I would leave church and satan hit me hard. Some of the biggest trials of my life were during the year of testimonies. But week after week sat night i knew what to say. Sun at church when it was time there i was more and more humble week after week because after a testimony satan would attack. For some reason I knew i couldnt stop. Even though satan tested me hard God always Gave me a reason to testify by the end of the week. I told God as long as there are reasons ill testify. Satan tested me harder and harder and the reason to testify were smaller and smaller. But there was still always sometime. Finally about 6-7 months in I had a horrible week. Satan must have been mad because that week my daughter was being bullied at school coming home crying every day, my finances hit rock bottom, my husband asked for a divorse, I was exhausted to the point of thin and sick. Saturday rolled around and I had it. I asked God why , why are you allowing this for me? Have I not stood on Holy ground in your house and testified to every good thing ??? Saturday night I still had no testimony to offer. That night while my family slept, i stood in my kitchen and called out to satan. I was shaking but i stood strong as i could and said. Satan, by the power of Jesus Christ in me you are a bump in the road, MOVE i have a job to do. I am marked by my maker, you will have to take my life to stop me. And you do not get that right. I will still serve my Lord Jesus no matter what you do. I dont know why i dont know how i knew to call him out . All i can say is the holy spirit in me took over and stepped in. I felt peace after that . I felt strong . I went to church the next morning had no testimony but asked permission  to not stand in my seat but come to the front of the church. Honestly i was a mess that day . I had little sleep, my eyes were swollen from weeks of tears and i was in no shape to be giving a testimony. I stood up there and said im not hear to testify for all the good God has done in my life Im hear to tell you all the bad. I named every single thing. Talk about humble. Still to this day that was one of two days I have ever been that humble before God. After i named everything i said im testifing that i still believe. I told them satan is a bump in the road and no matter how bad it got I will still testify that i believe. That day I was attacked by satan in church. Out of respect for my church family Ill never say how but, satan used a person in the church i did not know to attack me at my most weak volnerable time. I was caught off guard to say the least. To satan nothing no place on earth is off limits. After a few dayes of prayer i asked God please help me . Teach me what you are trying to. That week i spent learning all i could about the enemies in the bible and in my alone time with God he was teaching me to know the enemy see him coming. Over the seven months of testimonies and trials God also reminded me He was building my confidence in Him. No matter what God always was there for me and gave me something to find peace in in the end  of the week. No matter what happened in my life and when i could not take any more the holy spirit would take over. By the end of the year God healed everything in my life . I still gave testimonies but my out look changed. When i was tested first i saw it coming so i wasnt caught off guard and full of emotion. When you  are confident and emotionally strong .the testimonies get bigger and the tests get smaller and smalker till  God shows you the mole hill you made out to be a mountain he made look like a grain of sand. I still give my testimonies but now i encourage my kids to as well. And as i said before nothing is off limits to satan not even my children. I seen them tested as well. I keep telling them God gives back what satan takes and there is always and will always be something to testify for. Now i know my testimonies can inspire and encourage others as they did me every week. Now i testify of hiw God has blesses me only for the benifit of other believers. There is power in testimonies for all of us. There is a lessson chance to be obedient chance to mature your faith through them. Looking back it was a crazy year but i love God more. We need to testify for each other. Its important to not hinder our children in any way to orotect them. God will. We must encourage them to testify

No comments:

Post a Comment