Translate

Thursday, October 9, 2014

How to not have a Groundhog Day !

I'm sitting here tonight after another heavy day of dealing with difficult people and uncomfortable situations. Another, another , another. This is what God keeps bringing to my mind tonight. Another. Do I thank Him for another day and another chance? Of corse I do, but repeating another difficult day over and over is surviving, not thriving. What is thriving? Definition is: to prosper, to increase. So why do we repeat dealing with difficulties daily to the point of mental exhaustion? Ok let me explain it simply. Wake up , go face the world, get kicked, be kind, come home pray Lord help me with this situation . Repeat,  repeat. A year ago God showed me you cannot change difficult people but He can change your outlook. But even though I see them now as spiritually handicapped and feel sorry for them and I'm not reacting or lashing back out at them. It's still another day, they r still there. Even though I'm growing and maturing daily with God, I'm not done with this. I asked God tonight , how do I go from surviving to thriving at this? When do we get comfortable in uncomfortable situations ? When Lord, do we sleep in the middle of a storm? Matthew 8:24 suddenly a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was sleeping.
Not sitting, not resting He was asleep. So my question has an answer, because Jesus not only survived the storm but thrived in it. Now Jesus knew difficult, really difficult. But how did he not just survive earth but thrive forward with Gods plan? First of all LOVE. This is true, pure, filtered, love. Agape:is selfless, sacrificial, unconditional love. The highest love. Jesus loved God with the same love He loved Him. Jesus loved God so much He knew the only way to show God His love was obiedence. Jesus knew that his heart belonged to God, anything that happened was flesh wounds. No man can separate what God has brought together. I have had the pleasure to experience agape . I love God so much that for me the only way I can think of to show Him my love is to respect HIS WORD ( fear of The Lord) that I become obiedent. I have to stop trying to fit scripture in my life and fit my life into the scripture. How do not have another difficult day? How do I thrive ? How do I sleep through a storm? Easy, Do what Jesus did. Matthew 8:26 stand and rebuke the winds and the waves. You thrive by having faith and knowing by the power of Jesus Christ in you, you can rebuke the difficulties one by one. Because God first loved us we know this love. If we know we can stand and rebuke we sure can sleep in a storm. We can thrive through obiedence.

No comments:

Post a Comment