Translate

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Serve others with LOVE

  • Mark  10:45 
  • "For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."
  • I asked God  to teach me to serve others as he serves me. He showed me that every job is a service to another person.Think about that every job serves another person.You serve many people every day.I am just a stay at home mom right now but even I serve other.I serve my husband and children by meeting their needs, I serve the school by volunteering , I serve the church how ever needed, I serve by sharing blogs with others. etc.Even I serve others and I don't hold a job.
  • We don't get a choice if we want to serve or not.We are born to serve.We do get a choice of who we serve.Daniel in the bible was forced to work in captivity by King Nebuchadnezzar.He was forced to serve a King for 70 years.When you study Daniel you learn that no matter where you are , what you have to do ,who you marry, who your boss is, who your grandparents were, what faith your raised in, it does not matter because you can still serve God.We get to choose if we want to serve God or Man.
  • I am a cheer mom, I could choose to always watch out for my daughter, encourage her who to hang out with, put her in extra tumbling classes for her to excel above other, volunteer for every need the cheer moms need for my daughter. Do you all get my point? I could take being in a cheer mom group and using it to serve my daughters needs or my needs , I could use it to serve man. Or I could use it to serve God. I do , I see being a cheer mom as simply this..... Its my daughters sport! Anything they ask Me to ,I do the best I can to help them.I dont need thank you or achknowledgment.I treat it as I do helping my husband and kids at home. The bathroom needs cleaned,I can do it, its done and noone needs to stop and say Oh My Angie!!!! The bathroom looks great.I serve others by helping with the odd jobs that need done but I serve God in this group by Praying for all the girls by name each night,by teaching Olivia too, By seeing a kid is sick and sending get well wishes, by seeing a child loose a grandparent and sending Olivia to give her a card and candy.In what could easily turn into  a man serviving self serving group God showed me it didnt have to. 
  • Im going to give a more personal example that some can relate to. I was married into a family that is lets just say not practicing a faith.They know of God and Jesus but........ Anyway I was raised in church and choose to be babtized before I was married as an adult .God has always been the center of me.I as most new brides tried to embrass the new family that looked so leave it to Beaver.We moved next door , vacationed together,talked about everything, I tried to be the perfect  wife and daughter in law. I failed!!! I was often reminded Im not perfect. No matter how hard i tried to gain their attention and affermation, and respect, I just didnt get it. Boy I wanted it , I tried for about  10 years , then I stood in my kitchen feeling exactly how you end up feeling when you seek these things  from the world and others ,empty ,alone,and exhausted.I asked God to forgive me and lets start again.I asked Him why Did you put me in this family/Why a family of self servers?My answer surprized me, Why Not?
  • If I would have married into a family of very devout believers would that be any different?Wow,that's all could think,Wow.The answer was nope.First of all who am I to think I deserve better than what God gave me?Second, why cant I be happy serving God ? Just God?Third why am I not happy?I was seeking the world first, I was seeking approval from others,etc. I was no better than them. I was them,I actually fit more into the family than I was willing to except.That day changed my life!!!!! 
  • The first thing that came out of my mouth was forgive Them Lord as you forgive me.They do not know you yet. Please forgive them for what they are doing.That second God let the holy spirit turn toward Him and lead my steps.That second I began to serve God where I was the way I should . Ill never forget the feeling I felt.I felt the peace that surpasses all understanding.I felt peace where 2 seconds earlier I felt despair , and pain in my heart. In 1 second God showed me how to serve Him by loving others enough to bring them to Him where I was.After that day, I got a knock at my door and my soon to be FIRST spiritual friend invited my to her church. I went and am still there. I am still married still live next door to my in laws nothing changed but who I serve where I am.
  • 1 Samuel 2 :26 And the boy Samuel continued to grow in stature and gain favor with the Lord and with people.
  • Put God first, as Daniel and Samuel did and work on growing to know Him grow in faith, try to please Him,first and you will( gain)gain increase in favor of God first, if you are pleased Him no matter what no matter where people are pleased.Daniel served God for 70 years in the enemies hands we can serve God by putting Him first and being an example to others whats in your heart.Jesus!!!
  • If you are at a job like my brother working for a tyrrant, if you are in a marriage or family , if you are a weight watchers club, it does'nt matter . If your not happy like I was ask your self a tuff question , who are you serving? Who are you seeking love, acceptence, affirmations, gifts, achknowledgment , respect from? The world , the enemy  does not have any of these to give.Jesus did not come here to be served, not be served love, acceptance, not respect ,not gifts,He served others with what He hand in His heart.Love !!!!!God is LOVE.Jesus ransomed His life so we could too.We can serve like He did. We can serve love.
  • Today i was at Kroger getting groceries the young man bagging my groceries helped me to my car and loaded my car. I had 2$ in my purse cash, I could have tipped him as I have done before but he said he had to push buggies and forgot his gloves. I took the 2$ and went to another store and bought him gloves. I showed what was in my heart (love) to another person. I served him what was needed. I could not have done that or know that if Jesus would'nt have served me.God made sure we all could serve every day but how we use the gift of service He gave us is up to us.Thank you God for your gift to us all of service, help us serve love.Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment