Translate

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Discernment is for Intercession not judgement.

Forgive them father they know not what they do.
Jesus showed us how to deal with people that come against us. Jesus showed us  as He hung on a cross and sweat blood in His obedience. He showed us! It was so important for us to understand , that as He hung there dying, He taught us this lesson.
We are given the gift of discernment so we can see right from wrong . Not only so we choose the right road but so we can see other taking the wrong road. If we judge them we sin, if we convict them we sin. If we join them we sin, if we ignore them we sin.
There is only one way we cannot sin. That's praying for them. I know how hard it is to forgive someone that hurt you ,but we have to so WE don't form a grudge and it grow into a stronghold that becomes a poison that spreads from you to the ones we love the most. A lot of us that have Jesus in our forgive. But it's for Us.
We don't have to stop there ,there is more we can do. Jesus did more for us. God forgives us because Jesus asked Him to. We are called to intercede on behalf of each other. We not only forgive, but we should ask God to forgive them! We pray for those who can't  do it for themself. I know first hand how hard it is to forgive someone that is mean to me but I can because loving Jesus the most makes this easier ,but praying for someone who in your eyes is wrong is what we are called to do. This is the whole reason God blesses believers with discernment. Discernment is a gift! A powerful one we can use it to its fullest by interceding for others. When someone is really off track or on the attack and it obvious they need God , fast for them. This is taking interceding to another level.
There are a lot of people that intercede in prayer for me. My family my church family my kids . I am testifying that there prayers were answered because they loved me . I never would be as close to God as I am without all the people God put in my life that pray for me. We are called to strengthen each other. Iron sharpens iron.
Thank God for letting you see right and wrong . Pray someone else does. Love them enough that you want them to see right and wrong.
You ever hear the saying , " your only as strong as your weakest link?" It's true. If you want to grow closer to God and be a stronger witness for Him. Take  who He lets you see in truth and be obedient . Do what Jesus did , interceded by asking God to forgive them of their sin. We are not responsible for others salvation but we are for our own.
Dear Jesus, thank you for being an example for me to follow.Thank you for the lesson you taught as you hung on the cross.The lesson of loving others . Please let the gift of discernment grow in me each time I am obedient when you show me the truth. Thank you for letting me see the truth so I can do as you did.Forgive them who have lost their way ,forgive them who come against, forgive those who can see the truth yet, use me holy spirit to be an example of Jesus. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment