Translate

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Im going on a diet to loose expectations!!!!!!!

Cinderella was not only my favorite storybook as a child but she became my role model,my hero.Like many little girls I dreamed I would grow up meet prince charming ,get a beautiful dress,and live like a princess in a castle happilly ever after.  Looking back I think I lived Cinderella backwards. I was the princess growing up then I became the housekeeper. So what went wrong?
I think we( mostly woman) set our expectation high. I not only set them high but I set my expectation to fiction. So first of all that's why they went wrong. Second I had expectations. We set ourselves up for dissappoinment every day. We go to college with the expectation of getting our dream job,we have a child and expect we can make their life better than ours was, we buy a house and expect it to be filled with happiness,we get marries expectation our new spouse to magically become perfect from the kiss, we even go to the grocery store expecting that the store will have everything we needed. I cant even tell you how many times I have been disappointed, but I can tell you every time could have been prevented. I bought my daughter a dress for a formal this week and heard myself say to my daughter,"This will be a perfect night."I stopped myself  and said well at least you'll look perfect, I stopped myself again and said the dress is beautiful. I walked around the house for days thinking what am I doing?Im not only setting my expectations high but Im setting Olivias high as well.This has to stop!
For some reason every anniversary since I have been married has been a disaster. So after last year I decided not to even celebrate it anymore. I even forgot it this year. Well, a month after our anniversary we went to a football game to watch my daughter cheer . It was my turn to sell programs for cheer moms so Kelly and I brought chairs sat down at the gate and sold programs till halftime .When I was done I was hungry and ran down the street to get Chinese food for Kelly and I.  We sat in our chairs at the gate under the score board of the football game and ate dinner together. I looked over at  him and said Happy Anniversary.  I had no plan no expectations that day and it turned out to be the best anniversary date ever. That got me thinking , what should if anything should I expect?
Should I expect Kelly care about me rambling on about what happened at a cheer mom meeting?Should I expect Kelly to take care of me if I'm sick? Should I expect to get a close parking spot at the grocery store? Should I expect if I buy Olivia a dress that the dance will be fun? Should I expect my car to run today?Should I expect because i'm happy and polite  everyone else should be? The answer is No to all.  God never said because I created life and earth you can expect it all to be perfect.
Proverbs 10:28 says "The hope of the rightous brings joy,but the expectations of the wicked will parish.' I think I have been drastically confusing hope with expect.
Hope means Look  forward to with confidence or expectation.
Expectation means The (belief) about what might happen in the future?Expect is belief that something might happen because you did something. We cant beieve in any thing but God. 
God says hope not expect.Why?  Have you ever heard the saying expect the worst hope for the best?Isn't that what God said too? "Hope of the rightious brings joy, but expectations of the wicked will parish."Hope means what (you would like) to happen.  Expect means (what you think ) will happen. Don't you think that is what Job is all about? How strong is our faith unless tested? If we are God fearing people we cannot expect life will be perfect. Job was tested and did not expected one test to follow another and another etc.Jobs hope remained in God.  When we expect its like we demand that is what God should do. Job surrendered himself fully to God body MIND and soul.  Expecting is a frame of mind. We can put all our hope in God to fulfill his promises to us all of our days here on earth but we cant expect it. We may struggle all our life and hope God will make it right but It may not be made right till we are in heaven. If anyone had the right to expect from God it was His son and Jesus never expected God to save Him He accepted Gods will. What did Jesus do when He was hopeless? He fasted. He starved the expectations of what should be out and put all hope in God, through fasting He became hopeful. He starved the flesh of all expectations and power. Satan asked Jesus all kinds of questions,Satan wanted Jesus to expect God to save Him because He is the son of God. Satan expected .Satan expected Jesus to prove Gods existence and since Satan expected he failed.
Romans 5:3-5 But the hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have?
When we expect we want to see .Who are we to expect God to show us anything? If we have to see to believe we have little faith.What about Thomas?John 20:29 Jesus says himself to Thomas,"Because you have seen me you have believed, blessed are those who believe and have not seen."When we have expectations we basically say Jesus let me see the holes in your hands.
~If we replaced expect with hope we get accept~. What I would give to go back in time and accept and not expect. I cant but I can stop the nonsense and ask God for a clear mind in raising Hunter and Olivia to Hope and not expect. I can ask Kelly to forgive me for all I expected as a new bride and share my hopes for the future . If we stop expecting we can eliminate offence , grudges, quick to anger,etc. Think about this We cannot expect to loose weight unless we accept we are over weight. When we go on a diet we hope we loose weight but we don't go on a diet expecting to loose it all in a month or what happens ?We fail. Recently I started fasting every wednesday.I accept there is a problem that i cannot fix. I am confident that God is in control I starve the problem of all its power and surrender it in hope to Gods will. We should not have expectations because they are beliefs . We should only have hopes in Gods will and the hope helps us accept His will. To put it all simply nonbelievers have expectations. The believe if they study for a test they should get an (A). Believer hope if they study for a test they will pass. Grade doesnt matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment