Translate

Sunday, September 7, 2014

A fixed heart =dependent

Psalms 108 :1 My heart , O God, is steadfast; I will sing and make music with my soul. I have ADHD  . Growing up in school my strength was my energy. I was bursting with it , not just physically but mentally  as well .Whatever I was interested in  I excelled , sports  for obvious reasons I  don't  tire easy. Reading comprehension , depending if I was interested , I could excel  because my mind would not tire , I could read reread and reread till if was part of me. My weakness was also my energy . Sometimes my energy can put people off , even as I child I noticed that  so I learned to be a floater.I kept people at arms length. I felt like I wanted to use my energy to help people but didn't know how. When I went away to college, I quickly realized I was on my own and independent. We raise our children with the hope they will be strong independent productive members of society. That was my parents goal and hopes. But being independent strong productive  in this world is hard. Especially at 18 when your dependent one day and 24 hours later your independent. Although I liked what I wanted to study communications I struggled with the independence and eventually failed. Later I reentered school and completed. What changed? When I reentered I was married, we had our own house. I was dependent again . That's still not enough , I had children so now I have dependents. Everyone wants to give there child more than they had. I am no different, but what I realized was the only way I can do that is with a strong Christian foundation. The more I tried to teach the more I wanted to learn. Then I realized I can't help anyone until I allow God to help me. Think about Daniel in the lions den. The lions appeared to want to attack and eat him. Really they were hungry. We feel people are against us and are lashing out at us , god says pray for those who come against you. They come against you because they need prayer. When we start seeing them as handicapped and needy, they do not know better but, we do. Then you realize your in the den tooooo. We can't get out of the den anymore than they can without help. Daniel didn't feed them god did. Daniel was dependent on God. Daniel had to give his fear to God.. Psalms 55:22 cast thy burden upon The Lord, and He shall sustain thee ;. That's what Daniel did. That's what God wAnts us to do. Cast your fears your weakness your burden on Him . God didn't say  your strengths He said burdens fear weakness. Why????He wants us to be His children dependent. Matthew 18 1-3 deciples came to Jesus and asked, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven? Jesus pulled a child over and said."Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children , you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. " think about it , my kids are 9 and13 dependent on me . They can't drive buy a house buy a car pay bills etc. . They are even dependent on hugs kisses, encouragement, direction, love etc. that's how God wants us. Dependent completely on Him. That's when we back to psalms 108 sing and make music. When we are dependent on God for direction and every need we sing and make music. When I cast my burdens and fear to God he directed me where I needed to go. Along the way I depended on Him still do for every need. Matthew  8 :1-2  great multitudes followed Jesus in verse 1 . But in verse 2 a leper came and worshiped Him ,saying  Lord , if you are willing , You can clean me. That's what I did . God judges our heart not like we judge others His way is helpful. I asked God  to judge me what ever was not clean or pure  help me . That's the  perfect healing , inside out. 2 Corinthians 12:9 My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Get comfortable with your burdens fears weaknesses be dependent on God . Teach your kids to be dependent on God from the start. Matthew 19:14 let the children come to Me and do not hinder them.when our heart is steadfast we will sing and make music. We will sing and make music. MAKE MUSIC, sing are words to a set tune. When you are fixed steadfast on God  we will do what is set for us. Music is vocal or instance talk sound or both composed in such a way as to produce beauty of form harmony. When we are fixed on god we are steadfast in line with him together you produce harmony. Wow! So many times we try to fit scripture into our life. No matter how many time you cross cross reference scripture His word is the same. The situation may change but the word is the same. When we fit our life in line with scripture we become dependent. Repeat over and over until you are dependent on his scripture to lead your life let it become part of you. Until tom god bless:)

1 comment:

  1. When we fit our life into scripture we become dependent. I believe that is the key to the whole reason God gave us His Word in written form! Thanks, Vera. I have a new perspective now.

    ReplyDelete