Translate

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Love Is A Cure.....

With Valentines Day we hear a lot about love.
LOVE-noun-an intense feeling of deep affection
This is Websters definition of love. We all use this word everyday but how many times do we say it with this definition in mind?  I tell my kids I love you 50 times a day and I do mean it with the definition in mind. Every time God writes about His love for us in the bible He meant it too.
When Olivia has a bad day at school and comes home and tells me about it, I give her a hug , I hold her and tell her I love Her. The intense feeling of deep affection (mixed) with touch was healing to her.
Love-1 Corinthians 13:4.Love is patient,Love is kind.
This is Holy Bible definition of Love. Patient and kind are adjectives not nouns.
The world has its definition of love but God uses an adjective to modify a noun or describe it.
1 Corinthians 13 4-7 Love is patient , love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered , it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects,always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
God goes in great detail to explain to us what  He is and what  He is not. Then He gave us Jesus in that love.
Its like God saying I love you and giving us a hug. He's holding us now.
 It became a cure!!!!
I had a stomach ache and went to the doctor, the doctor told me what was wrong and gave me medicine and I took it and I was healed. What if I went to the doctor and he told me what was wrong and sent me home? What if I went to the doctor he told me what was wrong and gave me medicine and I did not take it?
I have to take the medicine to be healed. I have to do something. I have to reconize there is a problem , I have to seek help, I have to physically take the medicine.
Matthew 7:7 Ask and it shall be given unto you, seek and you shall find, knock and the door will be open to you.
Ask, Seek, Knock are all verbs. They are actions.
The words in the bible are words. They need to be put to action. God want us to know through Jesus we can do the words in the bible we ask Him to do for us in prayer.
Phillipians 3:16 All things are possible through Christ who strengthens me.
All the words in the bible God wrote are possible for us to do through the power of Jesus in us.
Mark 12:30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.
Again God describes love is more than a feeling or a word. We have to use our heart ,mind, soul, and strength all of which are possible for us to DO through Jesus.
We all went to the the one and only true doctor because we were sick.(God)
He wrote us a prescription(bible)
We took the medicine(Jesus)
Love was the cure.
John 13:34-35 A new commandment I give you: Love one another .As I have loved you ,so you must love one another . By this everyone will know you are my disciples,if you love one another.
Love one another as I love you. God did more than just say the words I love you , He defined them . He showed us how much when He sent Jesus. Jesus showed us how to love God, But first God loved us. He loved us so much He Gave us His only son. He gave us a way to love others the way He loves us. When we love each other as He loves us, we become a direct vessle of healing . We can show others the medicine (Jesus) and the cure Love.
This may be Valentines weekend but God does not want us to wait to show love. He wants us to spread Love to each other everyday of our life in the things we do for another. God shared love with us for healing, share it with each other. Love is the cure.




1 comment: