Translate

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Agape -Just Because

My kids asked me who my favorite was or who I love more? I remember asking my parents the same question at their age. My answer was the same as my parents ,I love you both the same .I do right? I had to think about that one. The love is the same  I love them both to the max.
I love hunters determination .To Hunter( NO) is just a detour. I love Hunters humility. Hunters pride is in making others feel good. I do not know how God made someone like him come from me.
I love Olivia's inner strength.  Olivia is a young lady of her word. Her yes is yes and no is no. She does not lead you on or beat around the bush . She always seems confident in any choice she makes and it does not matter if you agree  , she knows its her choice and yours is your and respects that. If God said "Angie I am going to let you make your own daughter, you are in charge of hair color, strengths, height, etc." I know if I had all my life on earth and I had access to every personal trait known to human kind there is no way someone like me could have made someone like her. He did it perfectly and beyond what I deserve. Someday  I think I should get both my kids DNA checked. Just kidding!
There are different traits I love in them, but the love I feel is the same.
There are four types of love describes in the bible. I have read, studied and asked God many questions about each one. What I wondered first about was why four?!?! I wanted to know why not just one? All love comes from God , but each is as different as Olivia and Hunter are. To say one is more important than another is like saying you love one quality about God more than another.  He could have just had one but He loves us so much when He made each of us and put so much passion into each cell of our DNA. I mean after all each one of us make up the body of Christ don't you think when He was making His one and only son He was going to do it perfectly? He really had all the time ,not that he needs it . He has access to every trait of human kind and when He made of us he did not make one mistake . "We are fearfully and wonderfully made"he knew His love was a lot to understand so He broke it down into four ways for us to use for order in our life.

 Eros : Husband and wife
 My love for Kel  is different than the love I have for our kids ,but the love comes from the same place .I love Kel as much as i can but our love serves a different purpose and need.
Philia : Friendships
I have friends, I even have different groups of friends. I have casual, close, spiritual, etc. I do not love one friend more than another ,I do not place one friendship higher than another. I love each of my friends equally. They all serve a different purpose, that I need. I do not love my husband more than my best friend.  We can not compare one love to another. It would be like trying to compare my love for my kids.
Storg: Family
This is love you feel for mother, sister ,brother ,father. Again ,I love my mom but not more than my dad. I love and need them differently. There are different types of love, but there are different needs .All love comes from the same place .
Agape: I call this Just Because Love
Agape means selfless, unconditional,sacrificial love.
God says," Love is patient and  love is kind. "Why is it?
Why does God love us? Why does God answer our needs/prayers?
Is He worried about going to heaven or hell? NO! Does God do so much for us because He has to answer to someone some day?Why did He make us? Do you think if God helps us He makes more money or will get a promotion or will have more friends . God does not have motives behind His love for us. Agape is when we do not either.
I spend a lot of time with God, mostly asking questions just because I want to know Him. When I feel closest to God I'm not working for charity or at church I'm usually at home talking to Him while I'm cleaning.
 God shows us This love through Jesus. Jesus showed us how to love God back by giving Him your life.
I already did that .I'm  already His so I do not have to prove anything to Him .I can just be obedient and spend the rest of my life serving Him JUST BECAUSE. There are no motives behind why I love Him. He does not have to make me rich or famous He does not have to  grant me anything .I'm  content with just spending time with Him knowing, I'm not alone in this crazy world.
I want to be a reflection of His love so I love the people in my life just because God made them perfectly and beyond what I deserve.
There are four types of love each for a different purpose. God wants us to understand He can love each of us to the max .Equally , just like I do my kids. But we all serve a different need  and purpose for Him. Our purpose here is just because God needed each of us to love. Not to do great things .He can do great things. (through us)Just because He want to share true love with each of us. That  is why I want to share that love and be obedient now . We are already His !Rejoice!Love God just because through Jesus we can.


No comments:

Post a Comment