Translate

Saturday, February 28, 2015

20 Questions with God!!!

My daughter Olivia likes to play 20 questions with her friend on the phone. She asked me one day "Have you ever played 20 questions mom?" I smiled and nodded yes.
I play 20 questions every day with God. There IS a difference between prayer and asking God questions. I ask God questions all day every day just because I like to spend time getting to know Him and I  enjoy His company. 
John 14:13 You can ask anything in my name , so that the father may be glorified in the Son.
You CAN ask  God anything , just like He is on the other end of a phone. If you could ask Him anything , why wouldn't you? Asking Him is spending time getting to know Him, being in His presents . This is everything!!!God created all of us to enjoy and love and I enjoy and love my days more when I am in His presents. I never have a bad day unless I do not make Him a part of it. Every day is good and worthwhile when I am  learning with Him.
Ask and you shall receive... how do we receive if you do not ask?
 There is no foolish question . I ask God  anything I think of , all day everyday."God , did David ever have a difficult sheep?" to "Am I making straight paths for you ?" No dumb question !
Hunter (my son) went through a common phase when he was little asking WHY WHY WHY about everything .When we would answer each question he would question the answer and this is still going on. This is exactly how I have played 20 questions with God though out my  life. I desire to know His ways. I think the reason I never tire of this game is because God answers me in my language my way of understanding. Just as I try to answer Hunter. Simply! He always gives more than just an answer. He gives understanding( Knowledge)!
Asking God question brought us closer together. It changed prayer for me.
I am a hairdresser. I went to school and learned by written and hands on training. Before I received  my license I had to take a state board. I had to pass this in order to become what I desired. I was prepared for the board because I had all the my questions answered ahead of time , now I can  focus on  the task at hand, and nail it.
The more time I spend with God asking questions, when there is a need for prayer, prayer becomes a separate special ability.
Prayer is no longer asking for Gods help it becomes answering a call to help. It becomes the state board.
God calls us His children and His warriors both.
You have to sign up for the military,study and train for years, asking questions and learning.Then you are told about a special forces training you should do. On day you get word you are needed for a special mission to protect your people and you have one target one shot one kill. You have a choice kill the enemy and come home or he kills you .You are a focused warriors relying on God and your training.
That is  what prayer has become for me after years of asking question.
When I get the request for prayer or see a need for prayer ,I go from a child asking questions to a soldier going for an answer. I have an assignment  to take the enemy out .Need is my target. I have my sheep and my heart to protect and I have the enemy in my cross hairs.  I rely only on God and His training.
 I feel like David  a boy at battle against the giant Goliath. Everyone may see Goliath as a giant and myself as a child, but size is no obstical , like David I see a target. I know what I need ,5 smooth stones( need for God to interveen  and I am prepared to claim it  again and again, because I will not surrender to doubt.) and what I do not  need ,a bunch of armor (a bunch of questions and doubt weighing me down) What I see instead of a giant problem is Gods promises.  When David killed the giant  that was not the end, when we break a strong hold or (quit a bad habbit)there will be temptation near. After David killed the giant he stood near him ,pulled out Goliath's own sword and cut his head off.  When temptation comes rearing its ugly head cut it off by eliminating the need or desire of fear and doubt from your heart forever.
When Abraham put Issac on the alter , he surrendered to Gods will and believed Gods promises , he did not hesitate or take Issac off with doubt. When you ask God a question He answers you in your tongue ,when you pray pray to God in His tongue His word and promises.
God wants us all to know prayer is not a question prayer is the answer.




No comments:

Post a Comment