Translate

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

A botherly love story

I see  many parents and  many ways to raise a child, it seems like everyone has their own method ,but is that right?  Is there no right or wrong way just different ways?   I dont know if one way is better or if it really matters, but I do know one thing we could all use more of in raising our children and we could all benifit for generations to come from. We should raise our children to love with brotherly love.
Romans 12:10 be devoted to one onther with brotherly love :in honor perferring one another.
I love my brother, even though we were raised by the same two parents ,we could not be raising our children more different. My kids go to a public school and are every active in extra curriculare activities. Bobby children are homeschooled and do not practice organized sports .Neither of us are raising our children the exact way my our parents raised us. So which way way is right?
What would be the most pleasing to God in raising our children is....... to raise them not to judge or claim they re right but respect ,protect and love others like a brother.
How do we do that?
I dont provoke Bobby to sin. I protect him from it. I do not dress sexy for him, I do not invite him to do drugs or go out drinking . I do not create gossip.I am simply a good friend.
Yes ,we argue and at times dissagree but, I forgive, forget and have no regret.
When we raise our daughters to dress with descression, we teach them to be pure ladies in every way ,body, mind and soul. We teach them to protect boys and men from sinning by looking at her in a wrong way. When we raise our sons to be gentle  men not just a gentlemen we raise them to love first and then react. We teach them to not be provoked by sin easily.
By loving each other as bothers and sisters we teach our children its not what you say that matters its what you do. We need to raise our children to be active in their faith through love.
It does not matter if you are vegan or living off the land raising your children, do what feels right, but with out love its all for nothing . I dont force my lifestyle on Bobby, to each is own benifit but , my love for Bobby and my neices out way my method of parenting. I do invite him into my life and my childrens lives to see my lifestlye ,but what he does for his family at the end of the day is his very own right.
We must above all, love each other and protect each other from sinning against each other. This is the best way to leave a lasting footprint on the earth to help us all in generations to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment